General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. User-entered variables

The basic variables, such as thickness, should be user-entered. As it is, the time/temp calculation is wrong if the thickness of the meat you want to cook differs from the offered value.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Instead of using the Baldwin formulas, where ingredient, thickness and bath temperature calculate the time to reach a core temperature, we wanted to offer adjusted recommendations. Food is never an exact geometrical shape and waiting for an extra hour for a piece to reach an additional half a degree is impractical. We hope that our adjustments for speed and efficiency improve the Sous Vide experience. In Release 3.2 you can now set your own timers. We are looking into more ways to allow users to enter variables.

• Enable controls of anova wifi

The anova precision cooker is now available with wifi controls. Could you please enable this app to use the wifi controls too ?

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We asked on the Anova developer board for an accessible API to support Wi-Fi with 3rd party apps. This question was supported by other developers. In August 2015 we received the last response: “We’ll be updating the community when we have further API and access info.”

• Irgendwas stimmt nicht...

In Ihrem Tutorial für Rindfleisch steht:
        "Die Angaben funktionieren für Filetstücke, Zwischenrippe, Entrecôte, Hohe Rippe, Hohrücken oder Rumpsteak. Der Durchmesser spielt eine grössere Rolle als das Fleischstück selber. Ein Steak mit einer Dicke um 20 mm, egal von welchem Stück, braucht etwas weniger als eine Stunde bis es durchgehend die gleiche Kerntemperatur erreicht hat."

Wähle ich nun in der App Hohe Rippe, 10-20mm, 58 Grad, bekomme ich eine Garzeit von 5:20 Std. vorgeschlagen. Wie kann das sein?

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Admin →

Besten Dank für die aufmerksame Anfrage.
          Die Angaben im Tutorial entsprechen der Zeit zum Erreichen der Kerntemperatur.
          Die Empfehlung in der App entspricht unseren Erfahrungswerten. Dieses Stück Fleisch erreicht die Kerntemperatur viel früher, profitiert aber von der zusätzlichen Zeit im Wasserbad und wird dabei noch zarter. Im Zweifelsfalle einfach ausprobieren! :-)

• Eigene Einträge

Die App ist sehr gut gemacht. Schön währe wenn man unter den Rubriken (Gemüse) eigene Einträge erstellen könnte z. B. Spinat

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • More information needed

Could you give information about the meat. How thick and how heavy are the parts of meat you cook? if these are different the time for cooking must be wrong.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we like to test our recommendations, we don’t pretend to know all temperatures for the whole range of possible thicknesses. In SVC 3.2 you find thickness adjusted recommendations for tested ingredients in most short timers. When cooking long and slow, the marginal difference in thickness for standard pieces (eg. a shoulder piece) is less important. The recommendations, you find now, will work for most ingredients. Try it out and let us know, what you would like to add.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base